Driving the vehicle every day is a necessity for many persons. But to legally drive on the public roads, drivers need car insurance. For some, car insurance is too expensive and they analyze the possibility of dropping coverage. However, there are plenty of methods that can help anyone save money on car insurance.
Some of the most common methods used by drivers to save money on insurance are the following:
- Good driver discount. To get this discount, drivers need to maintain a clean driving record for a certain number of years. A clean driving record doesn’t contain parking tickets, speeding tickets, at-fault accidents, DUI convictions, and other felonies. For minor felonies, drivers should contact a lawyer and check if they can remove some of these felonies from the driving record.
- Safety gear discount. There are numerous aftermarket safety devices drivers can install in their vehicles. Rear cameras, superior airbags, safer seatbelts, tracking devices, and many other safety devices can lower the price of insurance. Drivers should contact their insurers first and check which safety devices are approved and how much they can save on insurance.
- Enroll in a defensive driving course. Graduating one of these courses can be beneficial, especially for teen drivers that pay extra on their premiums. In these courses, teen drivers will learn more about road obstacles and how to avoid them. They will also have the chance to improve their driving skills and practice new safe driving techniques.
- Policy renewal discount. Insurance companies reward drivers that remain loyal to them for many years, by offering them a policy renewal discount or a loyalty discount. Also, insurers may provide extra benefits to those policyholders that decide to renew their policies before the expiration date.
- Drive fewer miles. Policyholders that are not driving too much are less likely to be involved in accidents. Insurance companies know that and will offer a low-mileage discount to those drivers that drive fewer miles than a certain limit.
Contact The Farnsworth Agency
To learn more about how to save money on car insurance, or to get an auto insurance quote, contact us today by calling (541) 318-8835 or click here.