Thanksgiving is less than one week away and if you live in a town like: Bend, Prineville, Redmond, Madras or Sunriver, and have Central Oregon Car Insurance, you will most likely be planning on driving somewhere in the next few days for a Thanksgiving meal or to spend time with family.
Before hitting the roads of Central Oregon, like Highway 97, it’s important for you to make sure that your vehicle is totally prepared for winter driving conditions especially since it’s possible to face the prospect of snow in different areas of Central Oregon like: Sunriver or Madras.
Winter Driving Vehicle Maintenance
Central Oregon Car Insurance is an important thing to have when driving on the roads of Central Oregon but so is making sure that your vehicle is prepared for driving during the winter by doing the following:
- Check your heater and vehicle defroster to make sure that both are functioning properly.
- Test your lights and add keep spare bulbs in your vehicle.
- Replace your antifreeze with “winter” antifreeze. The formula that you choose should work well at conditions down to -25°F.
- Check and add fluid to your: oil, power steering and windshield wiper fluid.
- Go to your local auto parts store and have your battery tested plus charged if needed.
- Get your tires rotated, balanced and checked from your local tire store to ensure that you have the right amount of tread on your tires.
- Purchase chains for your tires and keep chains in your vehicle at all times.
Be Ready For Winter Driving
Before going anywhere this winter always make sure that you’re ready for winter driving by making sure that you follow these simple winter driving tips:
- Don’t use cruise control.
- Slow down when your vehicle loses traction by decreasing your speed gradually and not slamming on your brakes.
- Drive slowly over bridges and concrete highways because, these surfaces can easily freeze.
- Drive slowly around shaded areas because, snow and ice doesn’t melt where there’s shade.
For more tips on getting ready for driving during the winter or for the most affordable Central Oregon Car Insurance quote, contact the Farnsworth Agency today by calling us at (541) 318-8835 or clicking here to start an online quote.